In light of the current Coronavirus situation, we would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that 12 Smile is taking a number of precautionary actions to ensure that we can continue offering the best service for our patients whilst keeping our team safe.
We are following all guidance and advice issued by Public Health. All of our staff have been briefed on best practice as set by the World Health Organisation including appropriate hygiene, sanitising of tools and equipment, and minimising any risk of infection.
None of our team have been affected, and we continue to monitor the situation closely and seriously.As a practice, we take patient safety and infection control procedures very seriously at all times. We are currently taking the following precautions:
- We are continuing our practice of ensuring that each room is cleaned and sanitised before, during and after all procedures. Just like a hospital and in line with GDC guidelines.
- We have placed additional sanitising stations in our offices and increased the frequency of our office cleaning.
- We have shared best practice health tips with all members of staff and continue to keep them updated.
As of 17th March 2020:
- We are delaying all elective non-urgent procedures.
- In line with government advice about social distancing for vulnerable groups, we are asking patients over the age of 70 to avoid attending the practice.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can call the practice on 011 706 1101 or message us via our contact form.We will continue to monitor the changing situation and update our practices in line with government advice. Check our social media accounts for regular updates.